AMS works on most recent Android phones and tablets, and specifically it works on devices supporting Android 4.0.4+.
AMS recommends clients test their completed messages on a device before they commit to purchasing large volumes of devices.
Via Play Store or OTA
There are two ways to install AMS. From the Play Store (AMS Kinross) or an Over The Air (OTA) installation method. The OTA process is essentially the same across different mobile devices but varies in details such as storage location. The general process is:
- Locate your device's Internet browser (typically Chrome or Internet on a Samsung device).
- Visit http://dl.ams.io
- Your device type should be automatically detected.
- Clicking the install link will start the download and installation process.
Follow instructions on the device.
- Locate the AMS application (app) on the device. The exact location will vary according to your device and how you have it configured; it may be in the main Apps list or inside an Applications or even inside a folder.
- Start AMS and you will be presented with the Authentication Screen where you will need to enter the user name and password supplied by the organisation running the AMS apps.